Can we imagine a life without digital communications today? Without digital communication, we would all still be communicating with each other through a letter and then posting that letter to the person’s address or just talking face to face.
Think upon how often you chat with somebody in a day face to face and digital. Now, which one do you employ more time on, digital or face to face? Most of you are correct! Digital it is.
So lets into learning about these digital communication tools in details.
What is Mean by Digital Communication?
Digital communication is an interchange of data that carries the data in a digital form. For instance, communications carried over the Internet is a sort of digital communication. In digital communication, digital values are taken as a discrete set. It is a bit complicated as compared to analog communication and it’s also fast and appropriate in modern situations.
What are the Components of Digital Communication?
Every digital consist of these basic
The source can be an analog signal. Example: A Sound signal
2. Input Transducer
In an input transducer is a device which receives physical data and turns it to an electrical signal (Example: microphone).
3. Analog to Digital Converter
This device also consists of an analog to a digital converter where a digital signal is needed for further processes. A digital signal is usually represented by a binary sequence.
4. Source Encoder
The source encoder summarises the data into the least number of bits. This method helps to efficient utilization of the bandwidth. It eliminates the irrelevant, unnecessary and excess bits,i.e., zeroes.
5. Channel Encoder
The channel encoder prepares the coding for error fixing. During the transmission of the signal, due to the sound in the channel, the signal may get modified and hence to avoid this, the channel encoder attaches some excess bits to the transmitted data. These excess bits are the error-correcting bits.
6. Digital Modulator
The signal to be transmitted is changed here by a carrier. The signal is also transformed to analog from the digital series, in order to make it transmit by the channel or medium.
The channel or a medium enables the analog signal to travel from the transmitter end to the receiver end.
8. Digital Demodulator
This is the initial step at the receiver end. The received signal is demodulated as well as transformed again from analog to digital. The signal gets reproduced here.
9. Channel Decoder
Thisl decoder does some error corrections after detecting the sequence,. The distortions which might happen during the transmission, are corrected by attaching some redundant bits. These extra of bits aids in the complete recovery of the original signal.
10. Source Decoder
The resultant signal is once again digitized by sampling and quantizing so that the real digital output is achieved without the loss of data. The source decoder recreates the source output.
11. Output Transducer
This is the final block which turns the signal into the original physical form, which was at the input of the transmitter. It converts the electrical signal into physical output (Example: loudspeaker).
12. Output Signal
This is the output which is generated after the whole process. Example − The sound signal received.
9 Best Digital Communication tools
Organizes word-of-mouth marketing campaigns by supporting content marketing and public relations efforts.
A free graphic design tool with a simple drag-and-drop interface can be used to design both web and print media.
3. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Monitors the activity of advertisements, social media accounts and websites.
Allows you to schedule and manage social media outreach projects so you can engage with your audience, easily monitor traffic, and collaborate with clients.
Develops inbound marketing products can use to optimize content and build outreach plans.
This a tool for those who use Tumblr or WordPress, allowing for easy photo and video embedding.
A tool for commercial and home users for the purpose of high definition meetings.
This is a brainstorming tool that facilitates collaboration between interdisciplinary teams.
9. Rocket Chat
It is a free communication software, an open-source communication tool intended to substitute email, HipChat & Slack
What are digital communication skills?
One must need various digital communication skills. We have listed the most important once.
- Content creation and curation
- Content strategy
- Email ID
- SEO / SCM
- Web development
- Display marketing
- Lead generation monitoring and analysis
- Web analysis
- Mobile marketing
- Video partner marketing
- Direct response management
- Project management
Along with this kills there are also many soft skills that will serve you well in digital communication these are
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- A passion for storytelling
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Why do we use digital communication?
Modern-day life is engulfed by technology. The digital world is evolving in to more influential and more powerful. Here are the prime reasons why do we use digital communication:
1. Digital communication supports dialogue.
Any sort of communication is not as effective as a dialogue. Digital communication is so vividly accepted and adored simply because it supports dialogue. Today you can easily call someone and have a conversation. Although you can have a dialogue by sending and receiving a voice note too.
2. Digital communication allows the face to face communication across time, space and culture.
Digital communication has reached the closest mimicking of a real-time conversation through a face to face communication. Be it a video call, face time or any other platform, you can now talk and look at them live by means of digital communication.
3. Digital communication enables people to organize themselves and transform their lives.
It allows the creation of platforms and environments where communication participants can share ideas, collaborate and engage in joint action with like-minded peers. And the best part is these peers can be present anywhere on the globe where there is the presence of the internet and a correct tool to operate it.
4. Digital communication is cost-effective.
Compared to the production and application of traditional mass media such as TV, radio and newspapers, digital communication is much more economical both in terms of production cost and efficient use. It also contributes much more cost-effective options to investigate, segment and target communication participants with customized content.
5. Digital communication is more appealing and meaningful to the individual.
It enables communicating participants to effortlessly be part of and influence the dialogue and to contribute and be recognized through co-creation and visibility. This explains the rapid growth of social media users worldwide. It allows sharing of knowledge, learnings and teaching to a vast population with a minimum effort.
6. Digital communication is usually more attractive and appropriate.
The two-way and real-time quality of digital enables communication partners to join in ways that meet their requirements and want, at a suitable time and place. This makes it more comfortable to locate and be targeted with content that is appropriate and therefore more appealing.
7. The internet and in specific social media is actively growing the most influential communication and selling platforms worldwide.
With business going digital there is every evidence that the capacity to scale up investment in digital is key also to communication for social and behavioural development.
8. The internet has vast potential to shape our world and lives.
We can now practice digital communication to create custom-built tools in outer space using 3D printers, influence public opinion, and to make influential networks of activists beyond time and space.
What is the use of digital communication?
The effect of deformity, sound, and resistance is much more limited in digital signals as they are scarcely affected. We have listed the use of digital communication in simple terms as follows:
- Digital circuits are more secure.
- Digital circuits are straightforward to plan and more affordable than analog circuits.
- in digital circuits, the hardware implementation is more elastic than analog.
- The existence of cross-talk is very limited in digital communication.
- The signal is un-altered as the pulse requires a high interference to modify its attributes, which is very challenging.
- Signal processing uses such as encryption and concentration are employed in digital circuits to sustain the privacy of the data.
- The probability of error occurrence is reduced by employing error detecting and error-correcting codes.
- Spread spectrum technique is applied to bypass signal jamming.
- Blending digital signals using Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) is more accessible than fusing analog signals utilizing Frequency Division Multiplexing (FDM).
- The configuring means of digital signals is easier than analog signals.
- Digital signals can be saved and retrieved more conveniently than analog signals.
- Numerous digital circuits have substantially constant encoding techniques and hence alike devices can be used for a number of purposes.
- The size of the channel is efficiently used by digital signals.
What are the three most popular forms of digital communication?
The 3 most popular forms of digital communication today are definitely
- Social media
- Video calling
These are most likely the most popular because they are very convenient and (for the most part) private to talk with friends and family on. We think that video chatting is more popular now however because the generation today is starting to realize that they’re missing out on the face to face communication and wants to have it again, so using these programs is the first step.
No wonder digital communications tools are widespread all over the globe. Do comment if you like to share with us more about digital communications.